Saturday, March 25, 2006

THE SAILOR MAN (page one)


It took a few extra days to get this story finished up but Dev and I are fully locked and loaded.

My plan here is to post a new page every few days. I have to say, it's going to be a loooooong six days because I literally can't wait to post up page three. This is a story I've literally had in my head since I was in college about fifteen years ago. I changed it up a little to include our Frankenstein character but it's essentially the same and to see it finally brought to life so beautifully by Dev...I actually got misted eyed for a second.

Enough from me. Sit back and enjoy the awesomeness that is Dev Madan with a little something that we call...

The Sailor Man.

6 comments:

antonio said...

I liked the pace of the writing and the flow in the story!!
great STORY Keith!!

JESUS ANTONIO

Chris Yeoman said...

I'm not just saying this because I'm a fan of your work Keith, but that is one heck of a good opening page! The black and white art looks immense and the writing grabs you right away. I like the way the weather/love talk starts to conjure up thoughts about Frankenstein too, clever how that further illustrates the content!

I want more...



I WANT MORE!

Chris Yeoman said...

But I'll wait a few days lol. :p

Ariel Schupp said...

Awesome first page Mr. Champagne! It has this unique european flavour, the setting reminiscent of Corto Maltese stories... waiting for more!!

Charlito & Mister Phil said...

Yo Keitho!

Nice page...
can't wait to see what happens with Franky...

And college?!?!

What chu talkin bout?
haha
your old pal

Charlitoes

=shane white= said...

Fuck yeah! Dev's kickin' it, and your writing too Keith is quite nice. Glad to see things are coming to fruition for you.

=s=