Thursday, July 12, 2007

San Diego

If you've noticed the lack of updates over the last week and a half, it's because things have been increasingly hectic as the San Diego convention looms ever closer.

Which seems like a good segue to mention that I'll be bopping around the San Diego Convention Center two weeks from today--which is surprisingly soon, I didn't realize the con was so close.

I don't know my appearance schedule for DC yet and I won't be set up in artist's alley. I do know I'll be playing on the DC softball team in the charity game against Marvel on the 26th at Balboa Park. I'll also be appearing from 10:00-11:00 Friday morning (joined by Andy Smith) at the Hero Initiative booth, which is a great charity and worthwhile cause. Aside from that, it'll just be meetings and signings, catching up with my convention friends ( the guys I only get to see when I bump into them at a show), and trying not to get trampled by the 80-100,000 people converging for the convention.

In other news, I picked up the Eternals hardcover at Borders the other day, which has confirmed for me that John Romita Jr. might just be our greatest American Superhero artist. He just does everything right, plus has a 'power' to his work that can't be taught. It's either there or it isn't and JRjr's got it in spades. Danny Miki is an interesting choice to ink him and y'know, that Neil Gaiman guy ain't no slouch either. I read the first chapter so far and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

That's all for now...

No comments: