Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I ain't afraid of no ghosts!

I was going to write up my Fallcon recap (great to see the Minnesota Wrecking Crew but I was sick as a dog the whole time) but when I went online this morning, I was greeted by a bunch of emails letting me know there was a five-page preview of Ghostbusters #1 posted on Newsarama. So here's the linky dinky (isn't that a Teletubbie?)...

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=23126

I was under the impression the first issue was due to arrive in stores on October 15th but, as usual, I'm wrong. It's actually out tomorrow. So be sure to go out and buy multiple copies of the greatest Ghostbuster comic to arrive in stores this entire year! OK, it's the only one to arrive in stores so far this year but I still think it's pretty decent.

Ironically, if one were to survey the pop culture landscape, they'd see quite a bit of Ghostbuster stuff popping up. We're first out of the gate with the new comic, followed by the video game, and there's a lot of talk that a third movie is being written. Kind of cool!

Hope you enjoy the preview and GB #1. Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Just this morning I saw a young woman walking down the street in a Ghostbusters shirt... the marketing machine is definitely churning. I'll have to try to get over to Davis Sq. tonight and see if I can find a copy of the comic.

Lewis Lovhaug said...

Are you sure it's coming out tomorrow, Keith? Checking Diamond's shipping list it's not coming out. Maybe Newsarama just made a typo?

Still, Looks great! I'll pick it up whether it's tomorrow or next Wednesday!