Monday, December 11, 2006

Big day

Big day for me and my little writing career Wednesday as the first issue of my Green Lantern Corps story--along with my Green Lantern Xmas story--hit the stands. If you check it out, I hope that you'll enjoy them both.

When I got my comps last week, it was interesting to note that DC changed the title of it's Christmas special from "Infinite Christmas" to "Infinite Holiday." Since when did the word 'Christmas' become such a landmine that it's considered offensive to use it in the title of a comic? The world is ridiculous.

Anyway, if I can just figure out what's going on with the Xena annual I wrote, my December will be complete. I have no idea when it's getting released at this point and I can't get a straight answer out of Dynamite.

By the way, don't be surprised to see me take on my first monthly writing assignment at DC in 2007. It's going to be a fun year.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Infinite Holiday? I'm emailing Stephen Colbert. The war on Christmas has gone too far! You hear me, DC? TOO FAR!

Anonymous said...

happy kwanzaa
merry chanukah
happy christmas
happy michaelmas
whatever, just don't forget to get me something nice, you know, not too expensive.

Red Stapler said...

Extra laughs 'cause the guy who came up with the title is a Jew...

::eyeroll::

SallyP said...

Green Lantern Corps came out and it is FABULOUS!!!! Thank you so much.

Oh, and merry Chrismahanakwanzicaa to you too.

Anonymous said...

That's such a bizarre thing, too. The backlash from Christian groups for "getting rid of Christmas" is way worse than any backlash from other groups has ever been for using the word.

I loved your Hector Hammond Christmas story. Great stuff. I'd never actually read any of your work before, and didn't realize that you'd done this week's GLC. Are you the new regular writer on there? I haven't been thrilled with Gibbons' run--it's been just barely good enough to keep me reading. Im' looking forward to your issue.

keith champagne said...

Thanks, everyone. Much appreciated. Chris, I'm nowhere near brilliant but I'm doing my best impersonation.