Monday, September 03, 2007

Curious George

I'm going to try a little experiment here, working under the 'Seven Degrees Of Separation" theory.

My son Jack really enjoys Curious George. It seems like not a day goes by when we don't read him a CG book or two. So in the back of my mind lately, I've been thinking about writing a Curious George book for him. Which I could do just for fun, but if I do, I'd like to take a shot at getting it published.

The Houghton Mifflin Company is the organization that currently publishes Curious George. So what I'm hoping to find out there in Blog Reading Internets Land, is somebody from Haughton Mifflin--or who knows somebody from Haughton Mifflin--that I could speak with about submitting a story. I'd like to skip their submission process and talk to someone directly if I could because, frankly, after reading over their submission guidelines tonight, it sort of reminds me of the frustration people must feel trying to break into comics.

So if anyone out there can throw me a bone, I'd be glad to scratch some backs in return. My email address is available on my profile here, or just leave yours in the comment section and I'll touch base soon.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Have you read the latest Curious George? It's actually set at the Mystic Aquarium. The new baby penguin mentioned in the book is known as "Silver Green", as those are the colors that were assigned to its armband. Just a little trivia to start your day. Unfortunately, I have no contacts for you in the publishing world.

Spellbound said...

Ryan also love Curious George. He finds it particularly interesting that you can hold him in your left and and in your right hand. Ofcourse he finds that to be true of most everything. Nice trivia Gerb I'll have to pick that up.