Tuesday, May 02, 2006

FREE COMIC BOOK DAY

This Saturday is the third or fourth annual Free Comic Book Day, I've lost track of how many there have been so far. I'll be appearing from 12:30-3:00 at Sarge's Comics in New London to support the cause. If you're in the area, come on down and pick up some free comics. If you happen to be a friend of mine, you can buy me lunch afterwards.

No matter where you live, if you have a comic shop in your town, stop in on Saturday. FCBD is a nationwide event. While you may see many people dressed as Stormtroopers, don't let that deter you. FCBD is a big day for the closet Stormtroopers; it's their chance to wear that insanely expensive armor and let their geek flags fly high. So don't throw things at them, just join the celebration.

BTW, thanks to Chris for the help w/ the links. I followed those instructions to the letter but my links haven't appeared. So here's a few websites I enjoy if anyone wants to check them out:

www.puroresupower.com
www.sherdog.com
www.thesuperficial.com

Take care, thanks for reading.
Keith

2 comments:

MrNinja said...

As a ninja, I may arrvie as a storm trooper, or even a person dressed as storm trooper. I may even be disguised as one of your favorite links, but proboably not www.ninjadisguisedasalink.com.

Alex Warn said...

It's the closet store to me though so I have to make New Trends do! In the UK no one will dress up though!