Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tom Cruise believes!

Tonight, I watched the Tom Cruise Scientology video that was leaked onto the Internet. Gotta say, after watching it, I don't have any idea WHAT he believes. The video couldn't be more vague, with Tom Cruise literally saying nothing over and over again. But whatever the fuck he believes in, he sure does believe it HARD.

In spite of the fact that I learned absolutely nothing about scientology, I've concluded I might just join up. For some reason, I can't stop thinking it would be a good career move. So I went to the scientology website, where I briefly contemplated taking the free personality test but I balked at filling out my personal information.

I don't really have a point to this post. I just haven't put anything on the blog in about a week and this was something that caught my eye today. In a strange way, I admire Tom Cruise's fervor and I support his right to believe whatever he wants. Still...pretty wacky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta say, if Scientology makes you a complete dork then I'll pass. I used to think Tom was such a cool guy when I was a kid, now I just enjoy his movies. Have you seen the end of scary movie 3...it's hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WIj7AqDp1c&feature=related

Anonymous said...

Part of me thinks most comics people should become Scientologists. I can't prove it, not having access to their sacred texts, but my impression is that their vision of apocalypse (for which Tom Cruise has allegedly built a bomb shelter in Colorado) is a lot like the Galactus Trilogy.

I'm actually not being snarky.

PAT said...

so I come out of my little cave for one second, look around and THIS is what I get.
I have no Idea what anyone is talking about anymore.
Its hopeless for me.

SallyP said...

As far as I know, L. Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer, who was persuaded to create Scientology on a dare, that he couldn't create a religion. Whether or not he actually succeeded, is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose.

Khaver Siddiqi said...

Might I suggest watching the BBC Documentary by PANORAMA, Scientology and Me, it gives a scary look into a religion which some say is a cult and a news agency that others say is not fair at all...

moira said...

Like SallyP mentioned...how anyone can seriously believe in a "religion" that Hubbard created for a story is, well, unbelievable.