Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The cycle begins anew...

Well, today is the big day for World War III and the most exciting day so far for my little writing career. I'm going to give it another day or two before I try to find any online reviews and see what people think, but I hope everyone enjoys the war. John Ostrander and I really did work our asses off to make this more than an 'event'.

I really came to admire John and his work, by the way.

While I've been lucky to line up enough writing work to keep me busy until 2008, none of it has really felt like an 'official' follow up to World War III. I guess that changed today.

Serendipitously, Dan Didio and Mike Siglain both called me today to offer me a pretty exciting project. It's...big...enough that I'm still wrapping my head around the overall concept, but there definitely seems to be plenty of room to do something memorable. and if I have my way, it'll make this World War look like a couple of school kids scuffling in the playground.

Because I haven't posted much lately, there are a bunch of random things I have tucked in the back of my head. I guess the first one I'll throw out there is that lately, I've started thinking about expanding my blog into a full-fledged website. I registered Keithchampagne.com a couple of weeks ago and now I'm sort of waiting to come up with some good ideas to make an actual website a little different and fun. If anyone has any good ideas, feel free to leave them in the comments section and I'll be happy to steal them.

Anyway, time for dinner. Talk to y'all soon.

7 comments:

Dan Sai said...

Hey Keith, just wanted to pop in and say that I just finished WWIII and thought it was pretty good. It's nice to see Martian Manhunter back in on the action.

I saw that you're going to be at a con up in New Hampshire next month, I'm thinking of heading up there to check it out. I'll come over and say , "hey."

moira said...

LIked it a lot. I'd like to say more but I'm just too tired. Tomorrow?

Charles Pritchett said...

Hey Keith, long time. If you need any help with actually coding the site, feel free top drop me an email. Same as always.

Charles

SallyP said...

Just finished reading WWIII, and thought that it was very good. It's rather nice to have some of the dangling questions wrapped up.

And it had Booster! And Aquaman! Also, one should never ever mess with J'onn J'onzz.

Unknown said...

Awesome job on WWIII Keith. and thanks so much for the interview.

keith champagne said...

Thanks, guys! I'm glad you enjoyed WWIII.

Dan, definitely pop by in New Hampshire if you come by. And Charlie, you might be hearing from me soon!

robskiles said...

Brother, Congratulations! I'm looking forward to the new sight. I'm sure the fans would like to learn more about how you developed through your career. You've put in a lot of hard work and trudged your way through lots of adversity. Stories like that are very encouraging for people wanting to break into the industry. It's a story of hard work and staying true to your passion.