Monday, March 23, 2009


Haven't felt much like blogging lately. I think I'm currently falling under the category of not having much nice to say so I'm not saying much of anything.


I've kept busy but life has been a struggle since "leaving" Supergirl. After being promised for the past couple of months that something would be coming down the pike to replace the gig, I've now been told that won't be the case any time in the immediate future, that it just hasn't worked out the way that particular editor was hoping.


That's comics for you.


At least I can hold my head up knowing that I've always conducted myself with honesty and professionalism. Too many of my co-workers over the years can't look in the mirror and say the same.


Anyway, DC released their solicit information for the month of June so here's what's coming down the pike with The Mighty. We've got an amazing new artist stepping in to make the book shine, while Mr. Snejberg sticks around to provide the sequential storytelling. And if you recall, I mentioned in a previous post that the names Taylor Rhines and Dominic Deeds would return to play a roll? Well, here's where they pop up.


THE MIGHTY #5


Written by Peter J. Tomasi & Keith Champagne

Art by Chris Samnee

Cover by Dave Johnson


After last issue’s shocking finale, Gabriel Cole finds himself faced with a terrifying new threat. And it’s the only menace on Earth that his ally Alpha One can’t help him vanquish! Writers Tomasi and Champagne welcome the stunning art of new series regular Chris Samnee (CHECKMATE) as the saga of THE MIGHTY reveals its true shape!On sale June 3 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US


Check it out!

2 comments:

Homesick At Space Camp said...

Sorry to hear you've had a bumpy ride mate!

Mighty #5 sounds/looks great though.

I forgot to say in my last post that I thought the coolest thing about the last issue was how Alpha One basically told the bad guys to "Freeze and drop their weapons" with the threat of his eyes rather than like a cop would with a gun. That was cool.

I really dig AO, I hoping against the odds that he'll turn into a good guy ;)

ThirdScribe said...

Hey, Bro -- another great review for "The Mighty" over at Comics Bulletin!

Great Job!