Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hamsters #4


Well, I'm a little behind the eight ball on this one but it's worth mentioning that Black Belt Hamsters #4 arrived in stores last Wednesday. I've had a hard time plugging this book because I'm never quite sure when they're going to ship.

But the eagle has landed.

Honestly, this entire issue was one big punchline built around the old Richard Gere Hamster rumor, the character of Richard's last name was even "Gear, " spelled differently to avoid any legal problems. Dynamite got squeamish at the last minute and removed any references to Richard Gere or Gear, which is fine. It's their company, their call to do. But as a result, I'm not sure the big joke makes a lot of sense anymore. I'm hoping if/when the Hamsters is collected, I can go back into the dialogue and find a way to make it work again.

I hope the future will bring more Hamsters my way. I had a great time writing the book, working with Tom, and trying to make Don Chin laugh. Thanks to Dynamite for making it happen, love those guys.

No comments: